Super Brunch for a Super Weekend
Cloud Eggs and Banana Smoothie
1-2 Egg(s) per person
Salt and Pepper
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Baking sheet and Baking Tray
1. Separate the egg whites and egg yolks in different bowls or keep the egg yolks in the shells to minimise breakage.
2. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the egg whites.
3. Preheat oven to 230 degrees C.
4. Whisk the egg whites with an electric beater until still peaks form - that is, the eggs remain set in place and don't run when you hold the bowl upside down. If it slumps, you will need to keep beating for a few more minutes.
5. Line a baking tray with baking sheet and scoop up the fluffy egg whites onto the sheet, forming mounds with a deep well in the center like in the image below.
6. Bake in the oven (at 230 degrees C) for 2 minutes.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and carefully place an egg yolk inside each well. Put the tray back in the oven and bake the eggs for an additional 3 - 5 minutes, depending on how runny you like your eggs.
8. Transfer the cooked eggs carefully with a flat spoon or spatula onto a plate and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve on toast or dig right in!
1/2 oranges, peeled and quartered
1/3 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup water or milk
1 or 2 teaspoons honey, optional
1. Roughly chop banana and orange quarters then add to a blender. Top with yogurt and the water (or milk).
2. Turn blender on and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste then adjust with honey if needed.
Missed a recipe? Check back here on our blog.